Ping Me Already More SEO Tricks
So I am still adding a few more tricks to my web properties and again I thought that I would share them with you.
1. Optimize all of your URL Structure’s: When you post to your blog Blogger will pick up the first few words of the posting title and use that to create your post URL. Ok let’s give this a try, I type in the post title “Agile Testing for Projects” publish the post, then exam the URL structure on the bottom of the page, it reads http://agilemanagementsolutions.blogspot.com/2010/02/agile-testing-for-projects.html NOW edit that post and put in more relevant keywords and add to the post title (Agile Project Management) publish it and you still see http://agilemanagementsolutions.blogspot.com/2010/02/agile-testing-for-projects.html
So put the relevant keywords in first, then re-edit it and you have a much more keyword rich URL structure for spiders to crawl.
2. Go into the edit HTML portion of the dashboard and edit a few more things
to help with the indexing of your site.
• Add Heading tags, h1 etc to all your pages
• Modify the normal a href=”URL” Anchor and add title again to all pages
• Optimize Images: Add alt and title attributes to the
tags on all your pages
I added my sitemap to Google but found a little trick to add to the code. I used the Atom Feed and my sitemap but discovered that I can add a little code at the end to help increase the number of posts that will be submitted. Just add this code to the Atom Feed as your sitemap “start-index=1&max-results=100” that way the more the merrier when it comes to post URLs and spiders.